November was frantic sewing month! I had 4 flower girl dresses plus sewing for holidays to complete. Everything was in the in-between phase during the month so there was no completed photos and no updates. The wedding was last Sunday so I was finally forced to complete the dresses. I work better with deadlines!
Here are some pics.
Red and white polka dotted tops with white polka dotted tulle skirts! The top fabric is a Japanese fabric. Very comfortable and easy to wear for the kids. Nobody complained of itchiness because I hand-stitched the lining layer to hide all the seams! And no color runs, not like the other red and white polka dotted fabric I bought the last time. Which was lucky for me because I did not do a pre-wash before sewing the white layers on.
Layered tulle on sleeves.
I drafted out the patterns for these in 4 different sizes. 80cm, 86cm, 104, 116cm.
Free patterns and instructions will be coming up sometime early next year.
Using the scrap fabric left, I even made some matching corsages to be attached to hairbands, just for an extra touch.
Flower girl practicing her bubble blowing before the bride arrives
Next week, I’ll show you what holiday sewing I did for our year end holidays!